Sunday, November 23, 2008

Little Blue Diamonds


Macie and I were moving some books around this weekend and found this poem. I have been looking for this poem since Macie came home after transplant. I must have tucked it away in one of her books.


Little blue diamonds, Heaven sent to me,

Fairest as can be and so wonderful to see,

Though they are only little Macie's eyes,

They are beacons on this road to paradise,

God gave me Heaven's greatest treasure,

When He gave me this pleasure of,

Little blue diamonds of mine.

~Lullaby sang to Donna Avers by her mom long ago


When Macie went into Cardiac Arrest for the second time she was impatient on the floor. She was immediately sent to the PICU. She needed labs ran stat. No one could get access. After getting poked many times, I lost it and told them to get someone else in there, NOW! God sent us Donna Avers. Donna sang this song to Macie and got the needed labs. She often checked in on Macie. I would like to run into her during one of Macie's scheduled appointments. Donna was at Children's for the first heart transplant and shared inspirational stories of hope with Mike and I.

No comments: